The Best Air Source Heat Pumps in 2023

Mar 25, 2022 | Air Source Heat Pumps

Air source heat pumps can be an efficient way of heating homes or business. The technology can offer the perfect way to reduce your carbon footprint, providing a sustainable energy source, and lower bills as they are up to four times more efficient than a fossil-fuelled gas boiler. With many companies offering different heat pumps it can be tricky to choose the right one for your application. This is why we’ve selected our top picks and explained why each one is worth the investment.

So here is the rundown of the best air source heat pumps in 2023

Mitsubishi Electric Ecodan

Mitsubishi Electric boasts over 100 years of providing premier products worldwide since the company launched in 1921. Today, Mitsubishi’s heat pumps are among the most advanced and highest quality on the market, with their Ecodan range of air source heat pumps being a top choice amongst both homeowners and businesses. Here’s why you should consider this model:

  • Low maintenance and can be placed discreetly outside the home or workplace
  • Suitable for homes, small retail buildings and commercial outlets
  • Provides hot water from 25°C to 75°C without the need for a high-temp system
  • Operates outside to -25°C
  • Recognised by Noise Abatement Society for low noise levels
  • Energy-related Products (ERP) A++ rating
  • Requires only water and electric connections to function

 LG Therma V

As a global company, LG has been providing world-class electronics for almost eight decades, and their LG THERMA V air-to-water heat pumps are a testament to their long-reigning experience and success. This product uses sustainable, renewable technology that utilises natural energy from the air to supply greener heating and hot water to the home. It significantly reduces carbon emissions compared to oil or gas boilers without the need for fossil fuels, instead using 75% natural energy from the outside air whilst the remaining 25% comes from electricity. This not only reduces bills, but also affords environmentally conscious home and business owners a greener energy solution. Some of the benefits of using the LG Therma V include:

  • Low and high temperature water output.
  • Heating, domestic hot water and cooling by heat pump
  • Can be combined with a boiler instead of an outright replacement
  • Can be integrated into a solar PV system
  • Commercial systems that can be utilised by a VRF
  • Heat recovery system for free hot water

Daikin Altherma 3

Boasting over 90 years of experience manufacturing climate control and air conditioning solutions, Daikin has achieved global success with an esteemed reputation to match. Ranked for its high-quality products and advanced technology, the company has become a household name amongst modern homeowners and business owners seeking efficient, environmentally focused inventions of five-star quality. Benefits of the Daikin Altherma 3 include:

  • Increased energy efficiency
  • Works with existing piping and radiators without needing to replace old systems
  • Control the heating system from home or remotely via smartphone
  • Allows control over multiple units for performance boosting
  • Monitors energy consumption
  • Remote commissioning and can easily update via a USB

Midea

Midea, is the world’s largest air conditioning manufacturer and have launched their air to water heat pump into the UK market.

Benefits of the M Thermal Monobloc R32 include:

  • Sleek modern design
  • Full range from 4kW to 16kW (12,14 +16kW available in 3 phase)
  • High seasonal efficiency A+++ ErP Energy Rating
  • Maximum sound power ≤60dB(A), rated sound power ≤58dB(A)
  • Silent Chamber – only 35 Db(a) sound pressure level at 3 metres
  • Maximum outlet water temperature – 65°C
  • Continuous water supply temperature, 60°C even as low as -20°C
  • Efficient heating capacity even when at -7°C air temperature
  • WiFi/App control as standard

 

We will be adding to this best air source heat pumps in 2023 page, as many more manufactures in the UK are now adding to their range of heating products to help met the UK Net-Zero targets. In the meantime, use the contact form for any questions you may have or call 01234 712 901 or email info@batchelor.co.uk.

Get in touch to discuss your project!

Use the form below to receive a call back from our experienced team today, or alternatively give us a call on 01234 712901

10 Year Warranty

On Domestic & Commercial Air Conditioning

Want to know more about our services?

Finance options available on projects


Popular SearchesHide Popular Searches